Casey's Home Tour

Sunday, October 20, 2013

We're so excited to share our first home tour! Casey's "tiny house" is ideal in so many ways: it's in a great neighborhood with a lot that's accessible within walking distance (rare in LA!); is a completely standalone bungalow with no shared walls and feels like a completely private space; and most importantly, serves a great blank canvas to showcase his great design sense.

IMG_8728
Describe your style
Clean, comfortable and masculine.Vintage-inspired, with a hint of humor.

Where do you get your inspiration from? I mostly look for pieces that fit the feel of what I’m trying to achieve and that fit with the pieces I already have. I’ve been slowly collecting furniture and art, one piece at a time, over the last 10 years, during which I’ve lived in seven apartments in four cities. I try to only buy pieces that I think will work in any setting and that I will want to have forever. I usually start with a need (“I need a dresser,” “I need a chair”) and then look everywhere, sometimes for several months, until I find something I can’t live without. I have a lot of personal design quirks, too – I don’t like rugs, and I prefer a weathered, lacquered finish to woodgrain.

Oh, and I love the look of old James Bond movies.



Where do you like shopping for home goods?
I like pieces that are a little unusual and have personality or a story. Most of my pieces are vintage, and often mid-century. There’s great stuff on Etsy and eBay, and I’ve found cool things at flea markets and thrift stores. For newer pieces, I check Crate & Barrel, Room & Board, Ikea and Jonathan Adler.

Favorite home item/find?
An original portrait of an unknown handsome young gentleman who I think looks like Paul Rudd. He has a beard and is holding a book and there’s a trophy in the background. It’s hanging in my living room and is the first thing you see when you walk in.

_MG_0380

Favorite thing about your home It’s a tiny house!Friends have described it as looking like a dollhouse or Santa’s workshop.But it’s the perfect size for me and has all the benefits of living in a house (windows on all four sides, no shared walls with neighbors, etc.).

What’s next on your to do list or shopping list?
My place is very much a work in progress, and I love that. Each new piece adds to it in fun ways. I need new chairs for the table in my kitchen. Maybe a chair for my bedroom.I might paint, though I’ve been saying that for years.And I’m always on the lookout for more art.

2Casey
5Casey
1Casey
3Casey
7Casey 4Casey
6Casey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

KOTIMAA | Inspired Living All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger